We of Far Lands by wind rider

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Title: We of Far Lands
Author: Eärillë

 

Number: N41
Challenges:
1. Finrod: the Quarter-Blood Prince: Felagund – After-name by the Dwarves
2. Silmarillion vs Harry Potter Matches: Finrod Felagund vs Cedric Diggory

 

Summary:
Black hair, grey eyes, but not a Noldo? Finrod could not choose between disbelief, denial, and curiosity when a time-traveller with “magic” came for an unexpected visit to his unfinished underground city. Balan and his people were not the first Secondborn he met, after all…

 

Rating: G
Warnings: first draft

 

Characters: Cedric Diggory, Finrod
Genres: Alternate Universe, Crossover, Friendship
Place: the building site of Nargothrond
Timeline: First Age: the building of Nargothrond
Word Count (in MS Word):

 

Notes:
Cedric is in his last year at Hogwarts, but it is the summer before the Triwizard Tournament is announced, and his father (in this story) never tells him a peep about it. The author did not think to include his side of the story in the timeline and place because the story happens completely in the caves of Narog, where Finrod is working on building his city.
Finrod also calls himself Findaráto here, since it is from his point of view (third person limited, as it is) and it is not too long from when Thingol bans Quenya speech and names from Beleriand anyway. (It would be hard to change a habit that one had practised for his/her lifetime, and that is the point.)
The dialogues will mainly be conducted in English since Cedric does not know anything about Beleriand or Sindarin, much less Quenya. And the ending is half-purposefully left hanging, partly because the author’s muse had no other bunny to put into the story currently, and partly because she hoped to continue the story – maybe – at some other point this year.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Black hair, grey eyes, but not a Noldo? Finrod could not choose between disbelief, denial, and curiosity when a time-traveller with “magic” came for an unexpected visit to his unfinished underground city. Balan and his people were not the first Secondborn he met, after all…

Major Characters: Finrod Felagund

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe, Crossover, Mystery

Challenges: B2MeM 2012

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 425
Posted on 12 March 2012 Updated on 12 March 2012

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.