I Choose... by wind rider

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Title: I Choose . . .
Author: Eärillë

 

Number: N31
Challenge: Finrod: The Quarter-Blood Prince: Finrod – change of dialect from Findaráto

 

Summary: His siblings have much to say about the local king’s decision to band their tongue from speech in the land, but Ingoldo is grateful only on the mere fact that they are still allowed to dwell in the said land. How to tell them, though?

 

 

Rating: PG
Warnings: first draft, (remembered) violance

 

Characters: Aegnor, Angrod, Finrod, Galadriel, Orodreth
Genres: Alternate Universe, Character Study, Family
Place: Lake Mithrim
Timeline: First Age: After Quenya is banned from Beleriand
Word Count (in MS Word): 1,958

 

Notes:
Beware the casual words below. It was rather intentional (although you can never be sure of regarding any dialect including this, since the author is not a native speaker of English and thus not sensitive to the varieties thereby and how to harness them). It was to be a talk – and argument – between close siblings anyway. The same goes to the shortened names: Ingo for Finrod (Findaráto), Ango for Angrod (Angaráto), Náro for Aegnor (Aikanáro), Esto for Orodreth (Artaresto, the author’s own guess to Orodreth’s Quenya name), and Nissë for Galadriel (Artanis).
In Rey-verse, Finrod has 5 main names: Ingalaurë as his father-name, Ingoldo as his mother name, Felagund as his after-name from the Dwarves, Nöm as his after-name from the Men (Balan’s following, specifically, when they firstly met), and Findaráto as his after-name from his maternal foster-grandfather Ossë. The tale regarding the last name in the list can be glimpsed in two of the author’s fanworks: “Eärwen” and “Inglorion”. It will also bear mention in this piece.

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

His siblings have much to say about the local king’s decision to band their tongue from speech in the land, but Ingoldo is grateful only on the mere fact that they are still allowed to dwell in the said land. How to tell them, though?

 

Major Characters: Finrod Felagund

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges: B2MeM 2012

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 038
Posted on 19 March 2012 Updated on 19 March 2012

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.