A Homecoming at the End of Time by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

I'm afraid the "science fiction" label is a bit of a joke, as you will see (sorry!).

I was asked for the story of Maglor's homecoming (separately and at different times) by Angelica and Alasse, but it took me quite a while to work out how it could happen in my 'verse and even longer to write it down.

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

In the far distant future, Maglor returns to Valinor.

Major Characters: Maedhros, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General, Science Fiction

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 365
Posted on 25 September 2012 Updated on 25 September 2012

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Glad to hear you remember the story fondly!

You are quite right, of course, that originally these were two separate stories but you could never have read them separately unless you were reading my mind. They had merged into a single story long before December, when I first announced the title as upcoming on my journal on LJ. I ended up posting the story on LJ in June, so that was a bit after B2MeM and unconnected with any B2MeM prompts, but I suspect you are blurrily remembering the Maglor in History cards, which I didn't actually pick (too lazy to do the research, as this story itself illustrates!).

At an early stage of development, the first part was going to be told by me ("the author") to Maglor himself on the banks of the Thames near Oxford and the second part by Frodo to Sam on the stairs below Minas Morgul. They were not the first and second part at that point, obviously, but alternative versions. The story no longer has a frame but it still is very much a tale, a story being told, rather than a record.

Hope that wasn't too much information!