To See The Cherry Hung With Snow by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Maedhros/Fingon

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maedhros and Fingon and a cherry tree: first in Mithrim and later in Valinor, outside the gates of Lorien.

Now added: Take Two: The Fell Winter

Major Characters: Fingon, Maedhros

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Mature Themes

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 724
Posted on 18 May 2013 Updated on 31 May 2013

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

(Quenya names: Maitimo=Maedhros; Findekano=Fingon)

 

Beorning challenged me to write an addition to the earlier story in which "snow" had the literal meaning.  In this piece, "snow" has the literal meaning, only it's not exactly "a small addition" or part of the same story.

As the two pieces are nevertheless connected, I decided to post this one as a second chapter.

Characters: Maedhros, Ceredir (OMC)
Setting/Time: East Beleriand, Fell Winter


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Don't know how to respond to an Author's response, so I'll do it this way: not at all. It isn't often a classic but not necessarily well known (in recent times, anyway) piece of writing is drawn upon as inspiration, especially one that I'm already intimate with.

On that note, though, I would challenge you to make a small addition in which Maedhros is made to see the Cherry hung with snow in a more literal fashion, if you know what I mean. ;-)