Test of Loyalty by Uvatha the Horseman

Fanwork Information

Summary:

In the Age of the Trees, Mairon-Sauron burned his bridges when he left home to become the newest member of Melkor's household. He has no idea what he's gotten himself into. (slash Sauron/Melkor)

Major Characters: Aulë, Melkor, Sauron

Major Relationships: Melkor/Sauron

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 805
Posted on 10 January 2014 Updated on 22 April 2024

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


OMG, thank you!  Thank you for this.  Succinct yet devastating.   Pandë!Mairon salutes Uvatha!Mairon ["I think we're on the same page here."]

There's truth here, Uvatha, I find it so refreshing to see this addressed so effectively in this short piece.  

I should tell you off the radar sometime about my brilliant graduate advisor and his first post-doctoral position with a very well known and powerful Harvard professor.  Save for the sexual component, uh, there's some striking similarities here.

In short, well done!

Thank you so much!

I wanted to put Mairon in an impossible situation and show how much joining Melkor’s household cost him. He loved Melkor (“Bereft of his lord, he fell into the folly of imitating him”) He hero-worshiped him, and would have died for him, but a physical relationship would never have crossed his mind. I imagine he dealt with the assault by not dealing with it (“It never happened”, “He took advantage of you, suck it up.”)

I’m sorry to hear about your advisor. Abuse of power happens, and it’s hard to know how to stand up to it. It can mean the loss of something you’ve wanted for a long time.

Uvatha