The Commander by Cirth

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Fëanor names his second son.

Major Characters: Fëanor, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 410
Posted on 17 March 2014 Updated on 17 March 2014

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This work, aside from being very well written, is an amazing portrait of  both the characters of Fëanor and Maglor. I loved how your Kanafinwë manages to retain some softness without loosing in strength and fierceness and I'm extremely glad someone mentioned how much strength and military ability must have taken to keep Maglor's gap. 

Your depiction of Fëanor is almost perfect, I really liked it, maybe because it is very similar to how I imagine him. What I found most interesting is how you managed to depict his problems in relation to his family without making it feel forced while showing his love for his sons. 

Another thing I found extremely good is how you managed to mix Maglor's double role as an artist revered among his kind and as a commander of men. Besides I tend to like very much when a Silmarillion fanfiction shows also the perspective of "lower classes" like this one did in the second half.

Poor young Celirluin, he never stood a chance. 

 

Congratulations again.