Of Morgoth and Men by Chilled in Hithlum

| | |

Fanwork Notes

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A short essay for the fun of it.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 406
Posted on 12 April 2014 Updated on 12 April 2014

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Thanks for the review, yeah I always wondered why Morgoth's discovery of Men was so important an event to JRRT.  Sure the 5th Battle, corruption and all that but I always thought that this could have fallen under the province of Sauron.

S'pose that's why I had him so incensed at the shortness of Men's lifespan and his inability to mould the Secondborn in replacement of his Orcs and as true rivals to the Firstborn and his other foes.

Ha! I really like your twist on the whole "mortality is Morgoth's fault" idea!

I stumbled on this while looking for Melkor refs for a fic I'm writing about early Men, and I'm so glad I did as I love novel alternative explanations. Although I don't have a Melkor POV in my fic, I may like to allude to your concept and was wondering whether you're happy if I reference your fic, and credit you of course?