In Dor-Cuarthol by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the SWG Prompt Generator prompt: Location: Bar Erib.

Re warnings / lack of warnings: nothing requiring warnings actually happens in this story, but it takes place before a dark background, referenced or implied (mostly canon).

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

They were former outlaws who under the leadership of Turin and Beleg, the Elf from Doriath, turned to fight against the Shadow in the North. It was more of an idea, really, than a homeland--or a period of time, too short to call an era--but they gave it the name of Dor-Cuarthol, the Land of Helm and Bow.
Those former outlaws--Algund was one of them. He and Beleg had something in common, but there was more that divided them from each other.

 

Major Characters: Algund, Beleg

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: 10th Birthday Celebration

Rating: Creator Chooses Not to Rate

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 001
Posted on 24 July 2015 Updated on 24 July 2015

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

At this time, Turin went by the name of Gorthol. 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Algund is one of those (many) minor Tolkien characters whose presence I did not register after a few reads. Thanks for this story, which is certain to make me pay him more heed the next time I revisit the relevant parts of the Legendarium. I really like the motives and perspective you've given him here.