the wise & the lovely by Agelast

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the SWG 10th Anniversary Contest. Random Silmfic Prompt Generator gave me: form/genre: ficlet, theme: sacrifice, story element: first kiss, quotes: “Into the darkness they go, the wise and the lovely.” - Edna St. Vincent Millay, popular characters: Galadriel, Celebrimbor  

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Galadriel takes care of an unwanted suitor in her own inimitable way. 

 

Major Characters: Aegnor, Celebrimbor, Galadriel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Het

Challenges: 10th Birthday Celebration

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 882
Posted on 2 August 2015 Updated on 2 August 2015

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh, very beautifully crafted story! I find your Galadriel perfectly believable--smart, proud, still young despite being so sure of herself. Poor Celebrimbor--calf love, indeed. Sometimes those youthful crushes are just as painful or worse than the later ones and he does me strike as the sort who would not let go of anything easily.

 

I already told you somewhere else I loved it! I love Celebrimbor/Galadriel also. And also with the proviso that he gets his heart broken. I've been thinking a lot recently about early days of the Silm fandom. There were some very good breaking Celebrimbor's heart fics back in the day. There is just something so terrible and sad about him having Galadriel stomping on his heart and grind it into the dirt and then Sauron turning him into a battle flag. I love to cry for Celebrimbor. He's one of my very favorite characters. You did a worthy job of adding to his misery!

Ah, poor Tyelpo! There's never anything quite like the innocence and bittersweetness of first (puppy) love, and that comes through wonderfully here. I like your Galadriel, she's sharp and compassionate but easy to relate to, and the little details about life in Mithrim (the only novel!!) and her getting ready to go forth to Menegroth, dress and all, are just so great.