Aredhel and the Marring of Bliss by just_jenni

| | |

Fanwork Notes

I wrote a story called 'The Marring of Bliss' some years ago but never posted it here.  This one is similar but with an entirely different ending and a slightly different title.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Aredhel, Celegorm and Curufin used to play together as youngsters and were great friends.  This story concerns that friendship and Aredhel's desire to leave Gondolin and meet her cousins again after much time and many events have passed.

Major Characters: Aredhel, Caranthir, Celegorm, Curufin, Fëanor, Maedhros, Maglor, Turgon

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure, Romance

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Sexual Content (Moderate)

Chapters: 3 Word Count: 5, 528
Posted on 16 August 2015 Updated on 13 September 2015

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

In which Aredhel desires to leave Gondolin but Turgon does not want her to go.

In this chapter Aredhel remembers her youth and begins to recount her adventures with her two favourite cousins.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


OMG, thank you so much, Oshun!  I had written a story about them years ago but didn't like the turn it took, so I am rewriting it.  I intend to take it up to when Aredhel meets and marries Eol.  I want to get into her head and hope to explain through her thoughts & actions why she would agree to such a thing when she has such strong ties elsewhere.  I don't know if I can pull it off but I'm damn well going to try.  Thanks again for your inspiring review.