A song of welcome (Aya Findekano) by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Now with illustration! 

Bunn has done a wonderful painting of this scene, which I'm linking with her permission: http://bunn.livejournal.com/532642.html

 

This song came about as I was mulling over a prompt of Amy Fortuna's concerning Rian.
Unfortunately, it doesn't really fit that prompt.

There are bits of Quenya in here, but for some reason Rian gets away with it, despite Thingol's Ban.
(That is, some popular bits of Elvish known from The Lord of the Rings and Fingon's Quenya name.)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

There is a scene in "Children of Hurin" in which Turin watches Fingon ride over the bridge near his home.
I believe, in canon, this is meant to be about Elves being remote and elusive--but, personally, I can't image Fingon on that bridge in white and silver with his knights unless he were actually dropping in to visit Hurin (or Morwen), even if it was on the way to somewhere else.
So--in my Gloom cycle--he does visit Hurin. ( Turin, I suppose, may be just too young to be in on most of the proceedings.)
Now, maybe Rian was there, too--and what more natural than that, as a maker of songs, she would make a song to welcome him?
And this bit of song here would have sounded a lot better when Rian herself sang it to the tune she had made up--all spontaneously, of course!

Major Characters: Fingon, Rían

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Poetry

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 98
Posted on 18 September 2016 Updated on 18 September 2016

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.