Morning Hath Broken by Kaylee Arafinwiel

| | |

Fanwork Notes

For the prompt “'Boys, sound the bells, the sun rose from the west today. I doubt we'll see it set.' -Dessa, 'Sound the Bells'” given randomly by the Silmfic Prompt Generator, and the February Challenge “Revolution”. Also for Keiliss, for her birthday. An alternate POV of Fiondil’s “Arin Etarácië”, at least within the frame story. My atto indonyo told us how the Exilic Noldor in Fingolfin’s train saw the first Sunrise, as they stepped onto Ennorath’s shores. What of the Iathrim?

Fanwork Information

Summary:

One fair morning in Harlindon, Oropher tells the story of the Iathrim's first sunrise to the most precious light of his life - his only remaining son.

Chapter Two is up! (And silly me, Oropher had to include the first moonrise first!)

 

Major Characters: Oropher, Thranduil

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges: Revolution

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 580
Posted on 19 February 2017 Updated on 21 February 2017

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

This story will have (at least) three chapters, I think. This one is set in Harlindon, during the Second Age, when Emma and I have Thranduil born for our purposes. I realize that's a lot later than most Thranduil writers seem to do but I've never seen canon go one way or the other, so hope this is okay :)

Emma and I place Oropher’s birth during YT 1499, at what would be 14,364 solar years – six “years” and less than one Valian year before the rising of the Moon and Sun. This would make him a little more than two and a half in human maturity.

Celepharn (mentioned in Oropher's patronymic) is our OC, the father of Oropher and the first cousin of Celeborn.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.