That Blow to Your Leg by LadyBrooke

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Also written for Fëanorian Week on Tumblr.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Caranthir does not trust easily and does not love easily, but Haleth told him in a different world they would be perfect.

7 related drabbles.

Major Characters: Caranthir, Celegorm, Haleth

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Romance

Challenges: Strength and Beauty

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Sexual Content (Mild), Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 715
Posted on 23 March 2017 Updated on 23 March 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I like Caranthir and always have. Have a soft spot of Caranthir and Haleth also. So, you were kicking in an open door with this one.

I like the characterization--quick tempered, but sensitive, and often misunderstood.

I love the part about being satisfied with necessary work, with has less than the rock star daring of a lot of his cousins and/or brothers:

But Caranthir likes the solitude and the stability of making the decisions of his realm, from mining to farming, and he delights in the results of his work when he sees something done.

I also really love these lines:

“Do you remember what I told you the last time we met?”

Caranthir nods. “In a different world, we would have been perfect.”


Thank you! I'm glad somebody else has always liked Caranthir.

His characterization is based on the fact that while canon does show him being quick tempered, it never shows him ending up in a stupid situation based on that (unlike say, Curufin and Celegorm). So he's quick tempered, but also emotionally capable of realizing when things are going to hurt other people (and therefore himself).

I'm glad you love the part about him being satisfied with necessary work - the others can go off and get themselves killed or kicked out of places, he's going to do the work and not be wandering through a bunch of trees due to failed plots, thanks. :P