A Garden of Plots by LadyBrooke

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Also for Legendarium Ladies April (as most things I write this month will probably be).

I'm sure everybody is sick of me getting inspired by this prompt. I promise there's only one more coming. I really like the idea of things that are pretty and strong though - most of the time I hear those as opposites, but I disagree with that.

But these two (and the house) might be beautiful, but they will tear the entirety of society down to shreds and rebuild it.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Nimloth is reborn, builds her own house, and starts a garden.

Major Characters: Anairë, Nimloth

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Strength and Beauty

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 410
Posted on 2 April 2017 Updated on 2 April 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This may be my favourite of your (recent) stories centered on the rebirth of Avarin Elves in Aman. I love the imagery, of Nimloth creating a cottage with a wild garden that becomes a kind of rallying point for those who feel out of place in Valinor. I really like the idea of Nimloth befriending Anairë, as someone who is very much a child of Aman yet not content there (any longer?). It's a lovely picture, the seemingly humble and harmles cottage where wild ideas are allowed to grow!

Thank you! I'm glad you love the imagery of her creating a cottage that is a rallying point. 

Anairë both is content with Valinor in ways that Nimloth never will be (she grew up there, so the enviroment and such doesn't bother her the same way it does Nimloth, who is used to living in a world where the weather is unpredictable and death lurks around the corner), and isn't content with the sameness of a world where the Valar are the ultimate authority and aren't supposed to be questioned, even in cases where parents are deprived of their children, much the same way Nimloth is. 

I don't think there's anything wrong with loving this prompt and writing as much as possible about strength and beauty. :)

This was such a lovely story.  I love that Nimloth recognizes the capabilities of her friends and that she wants to do the things she wants and like the things she likes!

I love the uplifting sense of freedom you have written in this fic.

Thank you! I'm glad you don't think there's anything wrong with writing as much as possible about this prompt. 

Nimloth, I think, would recognize the strengths that the rest of Valinor wouldn't really see, like Anairë's. And she will definitely like what she likes, so I'm glad you love that about her!