And She Slept by LadyBrooke

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Posted as part of the Silmarillion40 compilation.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

As Valinor is created, there are those who stay behind in the darkness to wait for those that come.

Major Characters: Tom Bombadil

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Experimental

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 465
Posted on 16 September 2017 Updated on 16 September 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Lol, thank you! I'm glad it was pretty convincing. I feel like the Valar would be pretending to be elf like already, but there has to be some beings before any elves/humans/etc are there that would just be all "You know what? Until they're here, I'm doing what I want, even if that's living in a stream and having sets of eyes reflecting everywhere from ice".

I had to reset my password just to comment on this, as I've been out of the loop a long time and couldn't remmber it... I love this story, Brooke!  Great to see an interaction between Bombadil and the River Woman. The icy conditions, and how a river spirit would interface with ice, are beautifully painted. I also like the image of Bombadil as attached to the land, almost as though it's an extension of himself (or he of it), that's always how I've pictured him. Well done!