To The East by LadyBrooke

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for both SilmLadyLove's Femslash February Alphabet Challenge (Day 23, W, prompt Wanderer) and the Breaking Boundaries challenge.

Pairing: Andreth/Original Female Elf

Fanwork Information

Summary:

In a different world, Andreth wanders to the East and meets another wise-woman instead of Aegnor. 

Major Characters: Andreth, Original Female Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe

Challenges: Breaking Boundaries

Rating: General

Warnings: Character Death

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 367
Posted on 28 February 2018 Updated on 28 February 2018

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh, I love that you let Andreth find love in a different place! Aegnor is such a fool in trying to escape love, and Finrod's lectures make nothing better. I thoroughly enjoyed the ease and openness with which Andreth navigates her meetings with different people, mortals and Dwarves and Avari alike. Alwind's teachings (what we see of them here) don't even contradict Finrod's, but she presents them in a much better way! Finally, I'm thrilled that Alwind continues to tell stories about Andreth after Andreth has died, turning the Elven burden of memory into something constructive, looking forward to their reunion while fondly remembering the happiness they've already had! I'd love to read more about their journeys.

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed this so much! Alwind's teachings definitely don't contradict Finrod's (except, perhaps, in how much deference she would give the Valar), but she's not as invested in being right. I plan to write more of their adventures at some point, I just need to dig out from beneath a few responsibilities first. But Andreth and Alwind will return to meet all sorts of different people. :D