the stranger song by Agelast

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Thank you Sath, for betaing and advice. 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Celebrimbor has a realization about his partner, Annatar. Written for the Matryoshka Challenge 2018. 

Major Characters: Celebrimbor, Sauron

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Horror, Slash/Femslash

Challenges: B-Movie

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Mature Themes

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 341
Posted on 11 November 2018 Updated on 11 November 2018

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I really like the subtle, sort of creeping, realization that's coming over Celebrimbor in this piece, until finally we get to the final few lines where he's starting to make a plan of his own. I also think that you've painted Annatar's charming-yet-too-charming persona very well here, in just a few words. Very well done!

I found it both interesting and convincing that it starts with Celebrimbor feeling discomfort in front of the Gwaith-i-Mirdain.

And then it seems not to be so much a realization, exactly, as a gradual suspension of the earlier willing suspension of disbelief.

I was struck by: "Annatar could be exactly what he said, and yet still not be telling the truth".

Very sad. But by the end, Celebrimbor has found his Feanorian courage again, I think?

I really loved this one! It felt like waking from a trance, or a dream. I thought your depiction of Celebrimbor and Annatar was really spot on and fantastic. It fits them very well, and seems to develop a clear image even in such short amounts of time. I loved the image of Annatar sitting up in bed looking over as Celebrimbor has a sudden and yet hazy realization. I will be adding this story to Favorites, as I would like to read it again and remember it. Thanks for writing this!

Sincerely,                                                                                                                      Nienna

I love how Celebrimbor's sense of estrangement from his fellow jewel-smiths leads up to his dawning realisation about Annatar. And his very clever reaction! I can't help but wonder whether Annatar picks up on the change or believes him, for now... not that it matters in the long run, but still!