Namesakes by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for Kenaz for Fandom Stocking 2018. The request filled was for gen fic about Beleg. I included a glimpse of Haldir of Lothlorien as a nod to another request of hers, although the Haldir mainly featured in the story is one of the Edain.

The piece could be read as a missing scene in my story "Such Great Deeds" (which is a story about a friendship between Beleg and Fingon), but I believe it can be also read on its own.

Major canonical character deaths occur between the two parts of the fic, but they are not described, merely referenced.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

In the First Age, just before the Fifth Battle of Beleriand, Beleg joins the forces of King Fingon and meets Haldir of the Haladin, son of Halmir, who had been his ally in an earlier victory in Brethil.

Millennia after the disastrous loss of the Fifth Battle, Haldir of Lothlorien is introduced to a re-embodied Beleg in Valinor, and Beleg speaks to him of his namesake.

Major Characters: Beleg, Haldir

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 805
Posted on 27 October 2019 Updated on 27 October 2019

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.