The Story of Aule's Firstborn by Ellynn

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Thanks to curiouswombat for beta-reading. *hugs*

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Durin I Deathless was the very first dwarf Aule had created. He lived a very long, successful and glorious life, and achieved many great deeds. This is a collection of vignettes from his life.
Chapter 1: During his long sleep, Durin I Deathless has a very special dream that will help him establish the greatest kingdom of dwarves on Arda ever.
Chapter 2: After waking up in a cave in Mount Gundabad, Durin starts his long journey alongside the Misty mountains.
Chapter 3: After a long journey, Durin finds what he saw in his dream.
Chapter 4: Durin and his people discover the beauties of their new home.
Chapter 5: Something new and very strange is happening to Durin, and he is trying to figure out what it is.
Chapter 6: Durin meets someone special.

Major Characters: Aulë, Durin I, Dwarves

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure, General

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 6 Word Count: 2, 926
Posted on 12 June 2020 Updated on 10 July 2020

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

"Durin is the name that the Dwarves used for the eldest of the Seven Fathers of their race, and the ancestor of all the kings of the Long-beards.  He slept alone, until in the deeps of time and the awakening of that people he came to Azanulbizar, and in the caves above Kheled-zâram in the east of the Misty Mountains he made his dwelling, where afterwards were the Mines of Moria renowned in song." (LotR Appendices, Of Durin's Folk)

In the description of making the Dwarves, there are only "Seven fathers". The starting point of the continuation of this series is the premise that Aule, after the Seven, created many more dwarves (of both sexes) and laid them to sleep in different caves in the Misty mountains, as well as in other places in Middle-earth. We have, after all, the whole people, divided into seven clans (each of the Seven fathers became the leader of his clan). The whole people couldn't arise from seven males; and even if in the beginning we had seven pairs, the whole clans couldn't arise from one single pair.

Bundushathûr = Cloudyhead; Barazinbar = Redhorn; Zirakzigil = Silvertine; Kheled-zaram = Mirrormere


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.