Nothing but time by Aerlinn

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Eternity takes a long time.

('However long the History of the Elves might become before it ended, it would be an object of too limited range. To be perpetually 'imprisoned in a tale' (as they said), even if it was a very great tale ending triumphantly, would become a torment.')

Major Characters: Aegnor, Andreth

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, General, Romance

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 2, 635
Posted on 27 September 2020 Updated on 21 October 2020

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

And they stood beside dark water full of Song and stars.

(But the waters of Tarn Aeluin were held in reverence, for they were clear and blue by day and by night were a mirror for the stars; and it was said that Melian herself had hallowed that water in the days of old.')

The lake remembers its awakening by Melian, and dreams of what came after.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


ah himring, good to see you're still around! I revised this little thing only after posting it, I'm sorry to say. It was an unexpected spur of the moment when i sat down to write about these two again after seven years. What can i say! Time does pass in a blink. I too have probably missed some flowers dying.