Maglor's Dream by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This is not exactly a fusion between Middle-earth and Narnia.

But it is a poem brought on by listening (somewhat obsessively) to "Only The Beginning Of The Adventure" by Harry Gregson-Williams.

This instrumental piece is from the soundtrack to "Narnia: The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe" and was the first of the prompts for the "New Year's Resolution Challenge".

Which somehow seems to have reminded me of the canonical end of the Narnian adventures...

"Only The Beginning Of The Adventure" by Harry Gregson-Williams is here on YouTube.

The correct form of the  well-known quotation from the conclusion of C. S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia is apparently "Farther up and farther in".  I am apparently not the only one who is a bit confused about this, though. And it seems appropriate that my version of this, which furnished the refrain, is not, in fact, quite the same.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Wandering Maglor dreams of Arda Marred.

 

Major Characters: Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Poetry

Challenges: New Year's Resolution, Soundtrack

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 152
Posted on 22 January 2021 Updated on 6 February 2021

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.