Distant Promise by Myaru

| | |

Fanwork Notes

I would like to speculate that all of Galadriel's brothers have been reborn by the end of Lord of the Rings, but for the sake of simplicity I decided I should only try writing one of them.  Also, as usual: no beta, uncertain canon (how many possible timelines does Galadriel have again? I lost count), I'm new to these characters, and so forth.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Fourth Age.  Galadriel has returned to Aman without her husband, and Finrod would like to know why.

Major Characters: Finrod Felagund, Galadriel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 255
Posted on 25 February 2013 Updated on 25 February 2013

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I really love the way you write Galadriel! I like how you write about her relationship with Celeborn; Galadriel acknowledges that they have different needs and desires, and that these might take them down different paths...and that she's okay with this. Her relationship with Finrod is really well done, too. It captures that they're close, but also that there's an awkwardness between them due to the different people they've become. I like how she thinks of him as a ghost for a moment; it really made things seem meloncholy and surreal for her.

The descriptions you use, like the crystal paperweights casting rainbows across the table, are just gorgeous. You really paint a beautiful scene in this story, in a way that compliments the dialogue and plot.

Great story!