Of Beechen Green and Shadows Numberless by Innin

Fanwork Information

Summary:

One night in Doriath, Melian seeks to teach Galadriel something of her magic.

Major Characters: Galadriel, Melian

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Slash/Femslash

Challenges: International Day of Femslash 2013

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Sexual Content (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 985
Posted on 21 July 2013 Updated on 21 July 2013

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

The title was shamelessly borrowed from Keats' Ode to a Nightingale. Written for hereff during an impromptu Skype livewrite. 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I meant to read this when it was first posted but Life was insane for me then and I wasn't reading anything except what had to be read. I'm glad I got to come back to it. :) I thought you did well with the slightly apprehensive feel of the magic, threaded through with such delicious eroticism. This made me want to see more of these two, of Galadriel's learning from Melian especially.

Thanks, Dawn! I'll admit that I eeped a little bit seeing your review come into my inbox, since very little thought went into the story. As mentioned in the story notes, it was an impromptu thing over a complaint that there wasn't a lot of Galadriel/Melian fic, and the friend I wrote it for so aptly described it as "booty call Maiar style", which fits perfectly. :^D So I'm very happy you liked it anyway, and who knows - if I ever manage to catch Melian again (she's elusive), this might as well become a series of little vignettes, because the pairing does hold a some appeal to me and for the simple fact that there needs to be more femslash, damnit. ;)