Rift by Luxa

| | |

Fanwork Notes

The official greetings used early on is adapted from Gil-galad's letter to Tar-Meneldur in the Unfinished Tales. I replaced Valar with Eru because I don't think any either Maglor or Fingon were especially fond of the Valar at that point.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

I had half a mind to throw your letter in the fire and let you wait another few months. After all, I told myself, he has waited thirty-four years. Surely he can wait a little more.

Fingon and Maglor correspond as Maedhros heals. Warning for descriptions of torture and mentions of rape.

Major Characters: Fingon, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Rape/Nonconsensual Sex, Torture, Mature Themes

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 761
Posted on 1 December 2013 Updated on 1 December 2013

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Hi. Just saw your Rift fic pop up on my SWG dash and read it. Great job. I have always been fascinated with the aftermath of Maedhros rescue and particularly his relationship with both Fingon and Maglor. I like your use of the letter exchange and how, over time the was a "reconciliation" of sorts between Fingon and Maglor. Both only wanted to best for Maedhros and could find common ground there. Thanks again for writing and sharing.