My Fair Lindir by Thranduil Oropherion Redux, IgnobleBard

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Disclaimer: I need not point out that IgnobleBard and I own none of the source material. I rather think that JRR Tolkien, Lerner & Loewe, and George Bernard Shaw (for good measure) would like to distance themselves from this work as much as possible. But all's fair in love and parody. Enjoy!

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The following piece is an offering from the musical team of Unlearned (IgnobleBard) & Lowbrow (Yours Truly). A mashup of The Silmarillion and the Broadway musical My Fair Lady. Humor/Parody. Rated Teen for sexual innuendo of all persuasions including male/male. Nothing graphic.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Humor

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 11, 219
Posted on 19 January 2014 Updated on 19 January 2014

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is a Most Excellent parody, so full of wit and side-splitting humour that it's difficult to know where to start. You've outdone yourselves in translating the original musical and the songs into Middle-earth. Now, I'm still amazed you went for Círdan and (OMG!) Tom Bombadil as the two people who make the wager (and not just any wager) about Lindir. The songs are hysterical. I listened to the soundtrack in YouTube as I read the correponding lines, and I cracked up so many times.

Several highlights for me: Fingolfin as the participant in a dog competition, Húan's stellar performance by the judges' stand, Maeglin as lovestruck suitor, Erestor with a built-in radar for faking wanna-bes. And the parrot. And Círdan's pretty footman, of course. No one stays safe, everyone seems to be the subject of jokes and innuendo. It's great, I'd love to get a few actors doing it on stage.

I hope you're already planning your next collaboration. :o)

 

Seriously -- who would be the most unlikely pair of friends in all of Tolkien?  Cirdan and Tom Bombadil, of course.  Beards and bad poetry to make fun of.  I was fludering for a way to end it, and Ignoble came up with the idea of the parrot for 'recording' Lindir's voice.  I love that parrot!

IgBee and Randy, this is the funniest Tolkienian parody I have encountered, short of Bored of the Rings, and that's sayin' something!

All I want is a room in there
Far away from the forest air
Where Noldor braid their hair
Just like they do in Tirion.

Lots of plumbing so I can poo
In the warmth of a proper loo
Magic Sindar can't do
Not like they do in Tirion


...all the way to

I’ve grown so fond of Lindir’s ass

I don’t know how it all began
I’ve grown so fond of how it moves
When he’s walking through the room
It’s high, it’s round
It’s soft as down

I howled from beginning to end until my face hurt from smiling and/or laughing.  It's a blast when the song selections are pleying along, and you guys really hit the nail on the head with the musical selections and lyrics.  The tone of the dialog is wonderful.  And the send-ups of The Silm!  Deeeee-lish-ous!  :^D

Bravo!  Bravo!

The songs are fabulous, but your dialogue is great also. This is when I really wish that I could draw better. I really want a cartoon of this material.

The parrot is awesome. Huan in the dog show is beyond awesome. Everybody is great.

I laughed until I was choking a few times (well I did have a bit of a cold at the time).

This should be performed on stage, but barring the likelihood of that, we could use a podcast! Dammit. I cannot sing either.