A Quiet Life by rawr_balrog

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This is set after the end of Lord of the Rings. I have an unfortunate tendency to play fast and loose with canon, but I'm trying not to do so in this story. That said, I view The Silmarillion as stories handed down based on actual events, rather than a one hundred percent factual and reliable account of those events, and therefore give myself a little bit of wiggle room. I am also more or less ignoring the existence of Laws & Customs of the Eldar, not least because I find Aelfwine difficult to buy or explain.

I'll be adding characters to the list as they are mentioned or appear.

Updates will unfortunately be sporadic, as this semester is growing more hectic every time a blizzard forces the university to close. Not to mention, I have a seminar presentation I really should be working on.

Thank you very much to Oshun, for all of your help in getting this off the ground!

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Long after the final ship has come to harbor, the Valar have mercy, and release some of the longest dead from the Halls of Mandos. Maedhros is among the last.

Major Characters: Celegorm, Curufin, Fëanor, Maedhros, Maglor, Mandos, Míriel Serindë

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 102
Posted on 14 February 2014 Updated on 14 February 2014

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

Maedhros in the Halls of Mandos.

Thank you, Oshun, for betaing!


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I thought of this story today and checked to see if I had missed an update. It's a wonderful beginning. It makes a lovely one-shot. But I would so very much like to read more. I think it is the only story I have read with this sort of transition from the Halls of Mandos back into the "real world."

I do hope you pick this up, rawr balrog - I wanted to tell you how very intersting this is, the nature of 'death', the concept of waiting and the notion of his redemption. It is very very well written with a kind of puzzled objectivity that seems entirely appropriate to me.