The Condensed Silmarillion by Cheeky

| | |

Fanwork Notes

I initially wrote this for Ziggy because she enjoyed the comments I made when reading the Silm for the first time. Elfscribe suggested I post it here so I will. It is not very condensed anymore but let's start at the first chapter.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The Silm you read when you are not really reading the Silm. Everything you wanted to know without all the boring bits.

Major Characters: Aredhel, Aulë, Caranthir, Celegorm, Curufin, Dwarves, Eru Ilúvatar, Eöl, Fëanor, Finarfin, Fingolfin, Fingon, Finrod Felagund, Finwë, Galadriel, Maedhros, Maglor, Mandos, Manwë, Melkor, Men, Teleri, Thorondor, Tulkas, Turgon, Ulmo, Yavanna

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Humor

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Character Death, Mature Themes

Chapters: 59 Word Count: 186, 625
Posted on 23 July 2015 Updated on 29 February 2016

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

Now I know Feanor is a Fin as well, (Curufinwë) and Maedhros should be hear too, (Nelyafinwë) not to mention Curufin.....but I wanted Feanor to have his own chapter, and his sons as well So these are just Sindarin Fins. If I added the Quenya Fins as well it would be neverending!

I have altered the timeline of Manwë's messenger just the tiniest bit.....it was deliberate, not general Tolkien ignorance!

Credit has to go to Peter Jackson and Gandalf for some of the dialogue in this chapter.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


WoW! I love humorous Silmarillion and this is quite outrageous! :D:D

I agree about the Avari, probably the most sensible of the lot but history is written by the winners Noldorin scholars.

The Fins: we've all been there! If a first time reader survives the Valaquenta, thia is the next place to chuck the book through the window.

Looking forward to the Feanorians!

Thank you for the review! Glad you liked it. The Fins did give me a headache! And they all had more than one Fin name........just to make thinks really complicated! What with the gods having more than one name and the Elves having more than one name.....aargh. And then elves like Finrod start giving themselves even more names......help!!

Oh yay!  I'm so glad you are posting this here. This is so funny and so spot on.  I absolutely adored reading it yesterday on Faerie, and truly did laugh out loud, sometimes explosively at a number of points. I'm really looking forward to your take on the rest of it.

I agree totally with your assessment of the Valar here.  "Meddling in things when they really should leave well enough alone. Not meddling in things when it was obvious they really really should!"  Yep.