Just Deserts by Lingwiloke

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Elros has found a starving Maglor on the beach. What now?

Major Characters: Elros, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: B2MeM 2017

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 891
Posted on 17 May 2017 Updated on 17 May 2017

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Late crosspost for B2MeM 2017. Prompt and Path: “Lost & Found” - Green Path, Square Four.

This is a remix of idahlart’s wonderful comic “What now?” Which you can find here:

Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6

Specifically, the second part of it (Maglor POV) was written as an answer to her question what we wanted to happen after part 2 of said comic. She kindly permitted me to turn it into an actual fic and post it :3 

Beta by Goldilocks, who deserves a medal for putting up with all my last-minute writing shortly before the deadline!


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Very nice! Thanks for sharing. That's a creative idea--Maglor as a grandfather to Elros' children.

Sadly, I could not find the links to idahlart’s entire comic--only the one part--I've seen a couple of other pages also but missed most it. Tumblr is no good for this kind of thing--the definition of ephemeral.

I did not read the comic, but that wasn't necessary to appreciate this story. I really like how Elros is struggling with his feelings towards Maglor, but how in the end he invites Maglor anyway. It speaks of a certain maturity, I think, which is present not only in his thoughts but in his speech and actions as well.

As for Maglor, I love how you wrote it in second-person; somehow it conveyed his emotions all the better. The way how he turns it around and makes it about Elros, silences his own anger and acquiesces to Elros' request... it was all very poignant and hit me hard.

Well done!

I'm so happy you enjoyed it, and very pleased you like Elros' unkingly blankets - I always imagine him as a very hands-on king, with little patience for propriety.

Also I'm glad I could help re: the comic; things can be a bit hard to find on tumblr, I was lucky I had saved the links ^-^

Thank you for the review! :3