Míriel Þerindë: The Art of the Needle by Elwin Fortuna

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Posted as part of the Silmarillion40 event.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The art of Miriel stitches together key moments in the legendarium. (Ficlet)

Major Characters: Míriel Serindë

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 190
Posted on 14 September 2017 Updated on 14 September 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


they learned all the knowledge that she had to teach, and so it was not lost.

I chose to read that line as foreshadowing!

I always enjoyed imagining that Feanor got his compulsive creative abilities and drive from his mother. But I never expected to extrapolate it to the extent of involving him or his sons in needlework or weaving. It has been seen as a feminine task through much of our history. However, with at least one dramatic exception. I had a couple of male friends when I was young who worked as merchant marines, very macho guys, a girl in every port, but they followed the age-old pursuit of sailors--knitting and also doing all manner of needlework. This practice survived well into my adulthood, but I wonder if the computer will replace that creative outlet.