Under the Birch Leaves by My blue rose

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This is for Grundy, who wished for a nice moment with Caranthir/Haleth, which happens to be my favorite non-canon pairing.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Caranthir is terrible with people in general and women in particular. That does not stop him from trying. A monment in Caranthir and Haleth's courtship. Gift Fic for Grundy for the Block Party challenge.

Major Characters: Caranthir, Haleth

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Romance

Challenges: Block Party

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 830
Posted on 19 April 2020 Updated on 19 April 2020

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


THAT SOUND YOU JUST HEARD WAS ME SQUEEING ABOUT CARANTHIR/HALETH FIC!

Um. Yes. I am calm. Really. I love this moment! Caranthir is adorkable in his awkwardness and zero idea of how to deal with anyone really but this woman he wants to get to know better in particular. (I don't think Haleth completely bought his explanation at the end...but at least she's less worried!)

Thank you!!

I can never get enough of these two. I think they'd simulatenously adore each other and drive each other batty with their pride and secrecy, and this fic captures the tension between them perfectly, as well as (I think?) Caranthir's grudging admiration of her. Very enjoyable!