Into the Mountains by StarSpray

| | |

Fanwork Notes

According to Unfinished Tales: "Ohtar is the only name used in the legends; but it is probably only the title of address that Isildur used at this tragic moment, hiding his feeling under formality. Ohtar 'warrior, soldier' was the title of all who, though fully trained and experienced, had not yet been admitted to the rank of roquen, 'knight.'

Therefore, because it feels weird to write about Ohtar in his own head and call him by a title, I have given him the name Terendil. (I used this name for him in another fic as well, By Way of Tears, several years ago.)

This story was written for the Postcards from Middle-earth challenge. My postcard reads "I kept my eyes ahead of me, and so I managed." The image can be found here.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Ohtar and his companion make their way into the Misty Mountains.

Major Characters: Ohtar, Original Male Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Postcards from Middle-earth

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 626
Posted on 10 December 2020 Updated on 10 December 2020

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.