Silver by ingoldamn

| | |

Fanwork Notes

look, tyelpe's life is a fucking tragedy of epic proportions and i needed to get some of those feelings out, and then i word-vomited this about a year and a half ago.

i first published it on ao3 (where you can find me as ingoldamn) and on my tumblr (also ingoldamn). feel free to shout at me about the silmarillion or whatever.

please enjoy.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

In Eregion, years and years after they have all passed beyond the Seas or disappeared, resting in the safety of Annatar's arms, Tyelperinquar finally talks of his father and uncles and of the silver, that haunts his nightmares.

(Silver. Always silver).

Major Characters: Celebrimbor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 029
Posted on 13 December 2016 Updated on 13 December 2016

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Wow, this is a powerful piece! There is so much going on here that is emotionally intense that I felt like I tumbled from the beginning to the end and couldn't have stopped reading if I'd wanted to.

I've spent more than a decade writing the Feanorians, and our interpretations are quite different, yet I like seeing them so differently here than I write them. You certainly turn the fanon (that I admittedly did a lot to create) on its head. I also love that Caranthir is the only one who is not cruel. Again, this so nicely thwarts the fanon.

And of course the true sadness lies in knowing where Tyelpe's story is going, and in getting the meaning behind the little flashes of that future that he sees in Annatar.

oh my gosh, i'm so sorry i haven't responded sooner! what a lovely comment, thank you so much! i intentionally tried to 'turn the fanon on its head', as you say, and i'm so pleased, that it worked! my interpretation of caranthir as the least cruel is quite unconventional, i know, and was born of my sense that being angry or materialistic doesn't  necessarily mean cruel - cruelty, i feel, comes more from being calculated and cold. also i wanted to challenge my own instinctive perception of caranthir.

also tyelpe's entire life is a tragedy, poor boy - i'm gonna write more about him (probably) when/if inspiration hits me.

again i'm so happy you liked it!