The Tapestry by Zdenka

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for Tolkien Femslash Week Bingo, for the prompts:

Crack Pairings: Théodwyn/Míriel (I12)
Emotions: Hope (I12)
Language of Flowers: Witch-Hazel: A Magic Spell (I12)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Théodwyn struggles to finish one last work before she dies. She is aided by a spirit only she can see. (Míriel Serindë/Théodwyn)

Major Characters: Míriel Serindë, Théodwyn

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Character Death, Sexual Content (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 789
Posted on 9 January 2017 Updated on 9 January 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Zdenka, this was beautiful!

Théodwyn feels a surge of strength pass into her.

This made me wonder about how Miriel claimed that her strength went forth into Feanor, contributing to his greatness (and ultimately his fall). Here, of course, it gets a happier ending.

But at the same time, the ending was bittersweet: in the timeless hall, Theodwyn gets to see the triumphant fate of her children; in the same hall, Miriel must witness the downfall of hers.

Thank you! :) I got a lot of mileage out of that Crack Pairings card!

It's true, it must have been tragic for Miriel to watch what happened to her family. But I guess she can't spend all her time in the Third Age watching Maglor wandering around, so at least in this version, she's spending some of her time helping people who share her devotion to the textile arts . . .