I'll Be Yours If You'll Be Mine by NelyafinweFeanorion

Fanwork Information

Summary:

 

Modern setting AU. Maedhros/Fingon. Maedhros owns a bookstore. Fingon is in grad school. Expect appearances from varied members of the House of Finwë. Except Finwë--he's already dead in this story. This is a modern take on how Maedhros and Fingon meet and develop a relationship. Brothers, sisters, family and roommates--the gang's all here!

Cover artwork of Fingon and Maedhros by the incomparable cinemairon. So grateful, humbled and awed to have this amazing art be part of this story of mine. 
Check out the tumblr at http://cinemairon.tumblr.com

Major Characters: Amras, Amrod, Aredhel, Argon, Azaghâl, Caranthir, Celegorm, Curufin, Fëanor, Fingon, Finrod Felagund, Maedhros, Maglor, Nerdanel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Sexual Content (Mild)

Chapters: 45 Word Count: 125, 482
Posted on 1 March 2017 Updated on 11 January 2019

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

Notes:

Huge thanks to Cheekybeak for the amazingly helpful beta work on this chapter!

@cinemairon you wanted a hair down and no glasses kissing scene for Maedhros--here it is.

 

 

Super long chapter this time. And sorry-angst is creeping in. These guys are just magnets for it. 

A multitude of thanks/gratitude to cheekybeak for the amazing beta help on this chapter!

Artwork of Maedhros and Fingon in the AO3 version of this story. Chapters 1, 5, 12 and 16-check it out! It's lovely-by my friend from tumblr cinemairon.

Mentions of past trauma/mild flashbacks this chapter. My continued thanks to Cheekybeak! More notes at end of chapter. 

This is a longer chapter than usual! My thanks again to Cheekybeak for her comments on it and to Ziggy for her prodding me to get this chapter out. Thanks to all the reviewers for their lovely comments and continued encouragement. It's much appreciated! More artwork for this chapter.

 

my thanks to Cheekybeak for her continued feedback on this

Things progress for Fingon and Maedhros. 

thanks to Cheekybeak for reading this over! Longer chapter his time. It's a little bit racier than the last chapter.


Maedhros and Fingon have a much needed conversation. This chapter is long and it's just the two of them. Many thanks to my steadfast beta Cheekybeak.

This chapter was a struggle to write-I had all the ideas but I was planning on opening with Fingolfin's POV and he was just not cooperating! I finally switched the initial POV to Feanor and that seemed to make Fingolfin behave enough to be part of the chapter.

my thanks as always to cheekybeak for her beta work on this and also to ziggy for letting me vent about this chapter and Fingolfin!


sorry for the prolonged time between chapters-real life got in the way of writing life. Health issues with my parents and other household events. All is well now.

Should be back on track for more frequent postings now that things have settled a bit and and all the ideas percolating in my head are making it on paper!


many thanks to my wonderful beta cheekybeak!

Where the Silmarils finally make their appearance . . .

Artwork at end is for the last chapter. By Mellaril at deviantArt.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.