One day in Doriath: Strength and Beauty. by hennethgalad

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The relationship between Celeborn and Thranduil, the engagement of Celeborn and Galadriel. 

Major Characters: Celeborn, Elu Thingol, Galadriel, Melian, Oropher, Thranduil

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Erotica

Challenges: Strength and Beauty

Rating: General

Warnings: Rape/Nonconsensual Sex, Torture, Sexual Content (Graphic)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 134
Posted on 27 March 2017 Updated on 27 March 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh, you seemed to have solved the formatting problems. I'm glad because I really wanted to read this story but it was too long to read without the formatting.

It reads like an extended erotic poem. But it makes sense within its itself and the way the world is interpreted and explained. It answered implicit questions about what Galadriel learned in Doriath and from Melian [and others!] which expanded her world beyond the customs and culture of the Noldor. It's fascinating how it encompasses the deep and ancient magic of nature and the forest that the reader knows she eventually will bring to Nandorin realm of Lindórinand and transform with her own deep arts (those she brought from Valinor the tutelage she received there and those is learned in Doriath). I love the foreshadowing, the reader is drawn to contemplate how with the aid of her Elven ring she will create her own Elven land outside of time and decay that becomes the fairest of the realms of the Elves by the time of the Third Age.

I won't even go into the foreshadowing of what lies in the future for Oropher and Thranduil and how, in canon, Thranduil and Celeborn come together again.

The character of Ivras of Cuiviénen is compelling and strange as one of "the fatherless, motherless elves, who had awoken by the lake, full of words and song and joy." He seems to exist beyond time and without a history. His use of his own form of Elven sorcery which is different from any of the others around him is fascinating. It is as though he forms a portal back through almost forgotten days to be able to touch and use natural forces in a way that has been all but forgotten.

I am writing too much and saying it too vaguely, but there is a lot of complicated worldbuilding in this story which is both unique and yet does have links and precedents in the canon. 

Very nice work!