A Dancing Queen by feanorusrex

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Here I am, going through the Númenorean genealogies, looking for women and heres one! Oh, but she doesn't care about ruling and is powerless...nope, let's fix that! I love fan fiction! Why did I write this is first person? Who k n o w s.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The third ruling queen is more than she seems.

Major Characters: Tar-Vanimeldë

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 100
Posted on 5 January 2018 Updated on 5 January 2018

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This was a really interesting explanation for Vanimelde's reputation as a vapid and pleasure-obsessed ruler. I liked your interpretation that she wanted to be loved and thus left the often unpopular duty of enforcing decisions in public to her husband. I suppose her plan to be universally loved didn't quite work out, since the histories later consider her inconsequential... but then again, not being praised isn't the same thing as not being loved.

Meanwhile, I love re-interpretations of the Númenorean queens, and there are not many of them, so thank you for writing a new one!

 I don't really think Vanimelde cared about the far future after her death, I think she would have been happy with being in people's living memories, and then after they die, well who cares anymore.

Thank you! I am writing more for the three other ones, as well as some of the Black Numenoreans, and I put up my Erendis one (The Sundering Sea) already.