His Own Words by Tyelca

| | |

Fanwork Notes

The private thoughts of Gríma, counselor to King Théoden of Rohan, as he turns to the written page to untangle his thoughts.


I started writing this (after some really useful suggestions from the amazing people over at the Cottage of Lost Play server on Discord) for the May 2018 challenge Competition, and somehow it grew and morphed into an idea that's gonna be significantly longer than the oneshot I'd previously planned, including feminism, unrequited love and slow manipulation. At least, that's the plan.

This takes place some years before the events in Lord of the Rings

For the challenge I got the song Frauen Regier'n Die Welt by Roger Cicero, who represented Germany in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2007.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The private thoughts of Gríma, counselor to King Théoden of Rohan. The story of how a young man of great potential turned into a traitor to his country, told in his own words.

Major Characters: Gríma Wormtongue, Men

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges: Competition

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 371
Posted on 9 June 2018 Updated on 9 June 2018

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


An interesting character study. Resentment is always fertile ground for sowing evil seeds. I am sure Saruman was well aware of that. You make me want to go to Unfinished Tales or the Appendices of LotR to look for insights into Grima before he turned bad.