There, Not Back Again by eris_of_imladris

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Primula Brandybuck Baggins is faced with the toughest decision of her life after a near-fatal accident in the Brandywine River. While deciding her destiny, she shares a meal with an ancient elf whose own experiences will influence Primula’s fate, and the world’s.

Written for TRSB18!

Major Characters: Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe, Drama

Challenges: Discovery

Rating: General

Warnings: Character Death

Chapters: 8 Word Count: 14, 468
Posted on 6 September 2018 Updated on 6 September 2018

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Poor Primula! It's difficult enough to be odd for a male hobbit in the Shire in that period, how much more for a female one. You've given her stature and a character to match Frodo's. It's distressing that she feels she has to leave, but at least she may be alive. I hope she found the Ents! Maglor is a good foil for her.

That lunch-box is so lovingly described!

Thank you so much for your kind words! I really enjoyed writing Primula and I definitely like to think she's alive somewhere out there, knowing that her painful choice paid off in some way. And I'm glad you think I've done well with the lunchbox too; I was really hoping to do the amazing art justice :)