What A Tangled Net We Weave... by Grundy

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the "We need a distraction!" square of the Sitcom Challenge. 

(Also written quickly the day before the deadline - I beg indulgence for typos.)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Young Artanis, Irissë, and Ambarussa were left to amuse themselves while their fathers were in a meeting at the palace. What could possibly go wrong?

Major Characters: Amras, Amrod, Aredhel, Galadriel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges: Sitcom

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 119
Posted on 9 October 2018 Updated on 9 October 2018

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


What a fun, sweet story! With all the family drama so (understandably) emphasized elsewhere, it's good to see these four so close. I like Artanis as the criminal mastermind and Irisse's airy handling of Ambarussa. I headcanon Aredhel as being signficantly older than Amrod and Amras, due to her friendship with Celegorm and Curufin, but that's a human interpretation of the facts. Elves could "catch up" a century.

Thanks for the story!

Thank you!

In my headcanon, Irissë and Artanis are the youngest grandchildren of Finwë, with Ambarussa actually a couple years older, but the four of them hung out with each other from the time the two girls could walk on. (I've said a couple times before that if Fëanor had any sense, he'd just have sent the four of them to Beleriand to retrieve the Silmarils, and waited for Morgoth to sue for peace.)