His Royal Highness, Prince Celebrimbor of Doriath by elvntari

| | |

Fanwork Notes

I just really liked the idea of Celebrimbor being Doriath born and bred.

Headcanons about Doriath being less appreciative of the sciences and less conventional arts are based on the fact that there are no major blacksmiths listed as being from Doriath (other than, of course, Celebrimbor at a time). To add to that, but Daeron and Luthien (twin siblings here) are incredibly musical, and Melian is an ainu, so that makes at least three out of four in that immediate family being band kids. Point is I should probably title this "Tolkien was right about Celebrimbor not fitting in in Doriath: The Fic".

This will also feature 'using names and titles symbolically because I secretly want to make Tolkien proud', because I'm a try-hard.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Celebrimbor was first imagined as the descendant of Daeron. I decided to run with it.

Celebrimbor was the heir to the kingdom of Doriath before his father decided to vanish into thin air, leaving naught but a hastily scribbled note for a messenger to hand to him. In a difficult position as the black sheep of the royal family, Celebrimbor decides to leave for Nargothrond hoping not only to find a place where he fits in, but perhaps even word on the mysterious figure that was his mother.

Major Characters: Celebrimbor, Daeron, Maeglin, Narvi, Original Female Character(s), Original Male Character(s), Sauron

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Experimental, General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Character Death, Expletive Language, Mature Themes

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 1, 608
Posted on 17 October 2018 Updated on 29 October 2018

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.