A Hunt in Nan Elmoth by HannaGoldworthy

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Celegorm is the most casually racist character I’ve ever had to write.  I tried to dial him back a bit, but...well, he’s always struck me as low-key racist against most Avari, and the story is mostly from his point of view.  So, since there’s no specific tag against that, here’s my personal warning.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Celegorm decides to take a break from the Siege of Angband to spend time with his youngest brothers in the one hobby they all enjoy.  Things go awry, and that's the fun part.

Major Characters: Amras, Amrod, Aredhel, Celegorm, Eöl, Huan

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe, Humor, Romance

Challenges: B-Movie

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Incest, Rape/Nonconsensual Sex, Expletive Language, Mature Themes

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 4, 672
Posted on 11 November 2018 Updated on 11 November 2018

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Well, this STARTED as an angsty, scary piece.  But Celegorm...Celegorm doesn't respond to horror like healthy people do, and neither do Ambarussa.  So this turned out to be more of a nine-page-long brotherly argument, and I think I like that better.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


You do the sarcasm and the brotherly sniping very well!

The plot seems quite in the spirit of the prompts and their source.

 Eol has transformed into a proper mad B-Movie villain, in league with the Spiders, no less.

I notice that, despite his casual racism, Celegorm is confident that Thingol didn't know or approve.

I have siblings.  Sometimes it feels like sarcasm and sniping are the only things I do well with them.

The source of the prompts has created quite a lot of entertainment for me for years, it seems.  It's to the point where, even if this *was* something to take seriously, I would never be able to.  And Eol fit so well with the B-movies to begin with that I couldn't help but make fun of him.

And Celegorm's racism is of the sort that is innate, but unknowingly so.  If you pointed out just how many times he judged Eol on being an Avari instead of a evil, raptastic sorceror, he'd probably be even more disgusted with himself than he already is, but he hasn't had much opportunity to break the habit.  Plus, leaving the letter is a way of riling Thingol as much as it is punishing Eol - "Hey, you Avari scum!  Is this how you treat your women?  No wonder a murderous bastard like myself can sneak right up to your border without alerting your guards!  Have fun wih the extended training hours, much good as they'll do you!"