The Stars Above the Sea by Idrils Scribe

Fanwork Information

Summary:

"The Great Desert was a circle of blinding whiteness and glare. A leaden sun beat down from directly overhead, burning nothing but silence and salt. Elrohir stood in his saddle and looked out over salt flats without end. Crossing Harad’s central plains in the shimmering daytime heat was reckless. To anyone less experienced with the desert it would have been deadly."

After a long and perilous search Glorfindel found Elrond's missing son in Far Harad - only to lose him again. Will Elrohir's odyssey, across Middle-earth from the furthest South to the North, finally lead him to Rivendell? And what will he find once he gets there?

Sequel to Under Strange Stars, but can perfectly well be read on its own. This story is complete, and will be posted in weekly installments. Your feedback is very much appreciated!
As always, a big bow and thank you to my wonderful beta Dawn Felagund.

Major Characters: Elrohir

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 5 Word Count: 11, 548
Posted on 9 December 2018 Updated on 30 December 2018

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I'm completely sucked into Elrohir's situation and read this story all in one go as well.

I especially enjoyed the section about how well Elrohir took to the shipboard life, that timeless introspective isolation of being afloat.  I also really liked seeing the southern coast of Gondor from the outside, and with an eye for everyday details.