the season will not wait by quillingmesoftly

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the SWG Holiday Feast starters course. 

Inspired by the first line of 1635: The Cannon Law, which opens with a commander in the Spanish armed forces bemoaning the administrative aspect of his duties.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Elwing does paperwork. 

Major Characters: Elwing

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges: Holiday Feast

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 107
Posted on 4 January 2019 Updated on 4 January 2019

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh my goodness! I'm so glad that you like it. I honestly started this just thinking of a character who might be stuck with paperwork they didn't want, and came up with Elwing as a likely candidate, and then I was ambushed by ALL the Elwing feels. 

It is such a whimsical idea! I'm looking forward to when First Time is done, and I can finally write the Lindon corollary to this. I feel like neither Manwendil nor Elrond are particularly optimistic enough to engage in such whimsy. But hey. They're not exactly alone in Lindon. xD 

I tried figuring out who might get haunted by paperwork, and poor Elwing ended up being the first name that sprang to mind. And honestly, I really do want Eärendil and Elwing to be happy. They tried to save the world, and they lost their children. Their actions weren't perfect, but they did try their best. I figure that the least I can do is have them at least get to contact their children and grand-children by correspondence.