Daily Drabbles (or Taming the Recalcitrant Muses)

Series compiled by Dawn Felagund

| | |

Are you crazy enough to write a drabble a day? Join us in our attempt to practice our writing every day (come hell, high water, or writer\'s block made of Fëanorian steel), add your drabbles to this series. Note: Until the series bug can be fixed, please email or PM Dawn Felagund to have your stories added to this series.

Series Information

Summary:

Are you crazy enough to write a drabble a day? Join us in our attempt to practice our writing every day (come hell, high water, or writer\'s block made of Fëanorian steel), add your drabbles to this series. Note: Until the series bug can be fixed, please email or PM Dawn Felagund to have your stories added to this series.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges:


Fanworks in "Daily Drabbles (or Taming the Recalcitrant Muses)"

This is a Writing fanwork

A tribute to love by Rhapsody

Warnings: Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Moderate)

A Fëanorian and his wife share a special moment of love and reverence.

This is a Writing fanwork

Release the Bonds of Winter by Dawn Felagund

Warnings: Mature Themes

Ficlets written for March's challenge "Within the Pages of Lore." Please see the Table of Contents for summaries and specific warnings for each.

Added Love by Moonlight: Tilion observes two kinds of love in Beleriand. Implied Maedhros/Fingon.

This is a Writing fanwork

I alone shall lead you by Rhapsody

Warnings: No warnings apply

Celegorm gathers his men to wage war on an army of Orcs.

This is a Writing fanwork

Many Journeys by Elleth

Warnings: Character Death, Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Mild), Sexual Content (Moderate), Violence (Mild), Violence (Moderate)

A gathering place for ficlets of varying length written in response to prompts, prods and as gift ficlets.

New (added January 2018)

Strength of Mountains: Nerdanel and Curufin's wife, through the ages.
Re-Singing: After the Darkening of Valinor, Findis and Elemmírë set out to do their part in the restoration of Valinor.
Sweeter Blessings: As summer nears harvest, Morwen and Aerin dance in the meadows. NSFW.
In Exchange: Whatever happened to the Lady of the Blue Brooch?
An Exercise: Some magic is altogether wordly. NSFW.
A Better Lot: Aerin and Rían change their stories.

This is a Writing fanwork

The Small and Secret Things by Dawn Felagund

Warnings: Torture, Mature Themes, Violence (Moderate)

An attempt at writing a drabble or other short fiction every day, based on the Dictionary.com Word of the Day. Please see the story notes for more information. ETA: This project is on indefinite hiatus. I am working on my second degree as well as working full-time and so have had to tell the muses to take a hike. Hopefully, once my classes end, I'll be able to get back into writing.

This is a Writing fanwork

The Scribe and the Heir by Dawn Felagund

Warnings: No warnings apply

For Oshun, a story about the time (in my personal storyverse) where young Maedhros worked as a royal scribe. He is forced to consider his role as his father's heir and how his decisions might worsen the disintegrating relationship between Fëanor and Fingolfin. 2008 MEFA nominee.