After the Darkening by Selkiessong

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Thank you to Dawn Felagund who had a story dealing with a similar topic on this site a few years ago.

 

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

What Feanaro may have been thinking before that speech in Tirion

Major Characters: Fëanor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Experimental

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 133
Posted on 11 February 2019 Updated on 11 February 2019

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This feels very convincing - and very dire. It explains how one thing led to another until even the slaying of other Elves felt justified. I particularly liked the image of Fëanor as the fuel rather than the actual fire. Nice foreshadowing, in a way!

(As for the accents: Insert -> Symbols, then pick the desired accented letter from the overview table! Mind you, I haven't worked with Word after Office 2007. Not sure if it still works like that in later versions.)

Thank you! For me, making the Silmarils to be these adictive items not only explains how everyone who comes in contact with one comes to fixate on it, but also can explain how Feanaro goes from someone who holds discussions with his wife and listens to her input to who he is at their last encounter. Because that's what additction is all about. Eventually all that matters is the next fix, and anything becomes justified. 

 

Thank you so much for the tip, I'll try it out :)