above all shadows rides the Sun by quillingmesoftly

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Prompt Quote: "But Gwindor sat in dark thought; and on a time he spoke to Finduilas, saying: 'Daughter of the house of Finarfin, let no grief lie between us; for though Morgoth has laid my life in ruin, you still I love. Go whither love leads you; yet beware!" ~ Of Túrin Turambar

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

She has made her decision, and all he feels is relief.

Or, Amárië and Finrod establish their feelings in the wake of his re-embodiment. Gen Amárië and Finrod, Finrod/Andreth undertones.

Major Characters: Amarië, Finrod Felagund

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges: Love Actually

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 980
Posted on 6 March 2019 Updated on 6 March 2019

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Prompt Quote: "But Gwindor sat in dark thought; and on a time he spoke to Finduilas, saying: 'Daughter of the house of Finarfin, let no grief lie between us; for though Morgoth has laid my life in ruin, you still I love. Go whither love leads you; yet beware!" ~ Of Túrin Turambar

 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This has a very particular feeling to it that is just perfect! The story is just happy enough and just sad enough to feel right. I especially love all the lines to do with Andreth, as well  as this one: “Findaráto,” she says, and her voice is still the same, in cadence and pitch, but that is not his name. Not anymore.

Everyone is very well characterized!

Thank you! I was trying to get Back to Middle-Earth Month stuff done, and then I wandered into the Aegnor/Andreth/Finrod tag, and was promptly ambushed by Feelings. So I had to write this. I'm glad you think it's got the right vibe! I thought it had to have a very particular flavour, as a narrative, so I'm glad that carried through. Thank you!

I really enjoyed this take on their relationship. Although it's sad, it makes sense that neither of them are the people who fell in love all the way back in the Years of the Trees. It's good that they can both acknowledge it. And it also makes sense of that line in the Silmarillion that states that Finrod is walking with his father (rather than Amarie!).

Awww, thanks! That prompt quote with Gwindor and Finduilas gave me major Finrod feels. I'm thrilled that you liked it! I think they really have to admit that they've changed to find happiness going forward. They can't pretend to go back to the way things were before. All they can do is move forward.