that which is given by Fernstrike

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This wasn't the original direction I'd planned to go with this challenge, but here is my first proper attempt at writing these two and crafting an image of Ost-in-Edhil and the Brotherhood. Though written to be platonic, there is room for extrapolation.

Do expect flagrant and probably inaccurate use of physics and mathematical terminology herein. Further, I know very little about botany but love the language of flowers, so if Ost-in-Edhil has some unexpectedly funky gardens, do put that down to the wonders of Elvish skill.

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Tyelperinquar knew Annatar was keeping something from him.

In which goodbyes are said, gifts are given, and promises are made.

Major Characters: Celebrimbor, Sauron

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Caprice and Chance

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 764
Posted on 11 June 2019 Updated on 11 June 2019

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I like your descriptions. It really makes me feel both for the imminent loss of that working relationship, even if there was a part of it that was illusionary, and for the future loss of Ost-in-Edhil.

Celebrimbor sees so much and yet misses the warning signs.

So fortunate that he kept his mouth shut about the Three Rings. That final irony is heartbreaking...