Elostirion by hennethgalad

| | |

Fanwork Notes

How do you solve a problem like Gildor ?

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Gildor Inglorion invites Merry and Pippin to ride to Elostirion with him, in the second year of the fourth age.

Major Characters: Gildor, Merry, Pippin

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Solve a Problem

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 4, 364
Posted on 1 August 2019 Updated on 1 August 2019

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is terrific and thoroughly entertaining. I love the descriptions and the introduction of so many disparate pieces of Elven magic with plausible explanations. The towers, the Palantir, the "harmony." Love your choices for weaving Gildor's relationship to his family into your version and giving him a wife who can tolerate his roaming. All of it is so imaginative! Not least of all, I love hearing that part of Gil-galad's Aeglos survived and is honored as a family heirloom. I am an absolute sucker for magical visions of the West too.

I really enjoyed Merry's point of view here.

I like the idea of Merry and Pippin feeling a bit entish occasionally, afterwards. And also of healing offered to Pippin for his experience with the Palantir.

You assign a really interesting role to Gildor here. Thought-provoking!