Future Set In Stone by Tyelca

| | |

Fanwork Notes

I wrote this while I should be working on my TRSB19 fic.

After rewatching The Fellowship of the Ring, I once again started thinking about the logistics of Galadriel's Mirror, and this was the outcome. This ties heavily into movieverse, since it's too long ago that I read the book to distinguish between the two.

Also, this turned angsty (slight reference to canon character death). Please don't blame me.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The truth behind the Mirror of Galadriel.

Major Characters: Celebrimbor, Galadriel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Solve a Problem

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 028
Posted on 13 August 2019 Updated on 13 August 2019

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is a really interesting concept. If I were to take this as my personal canon, I would have a hard time believing that she really HAD to take it. "but there was no opportunity to put it back with Celebrimbor in the room"--what a poor excuse! It does make me laugh though! As much as I like Galadriel, I am always able to imagine her as capable of all sorts of shady things! (I don't know either if I should blame, Tolkien, Peter Jackson, or myself for that lack of trust).

 

Thank you for the comment!

She didn't HAVE to look through Celebrimbor's things either, but she did anyway. And with her history, both of her family and of herself, she's definitely capable of being shady. I guess that lack of trust should be directed at all three (though I can't say anything about the proportions...)!