Nandëlírë by Lferion

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the 'Solve a Problem' Challenge. Many, many thanks to Morgynleri for sanity-checking and hand-holding.

Title is intended to be Harpsong in Quenya.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Why did Fingon take a harp with him to rescue Maedhros? A quadruple-drabble.

Major Characters: Fingon, Maedhros

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges: Solve a Problem

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 401
Posted on 15 August 2019 Updated on 15 August 2019

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is terrific. Absolutely beautiful. So poetic and magical. I love it.

Fabulous conclusion also:

And now he had it still, playing soft and easy notes, that Russandol might sleep and know he was not in that place of un-Music, of clamor and cacophony.

He thought: Is not the world Made of music? Does it not still Shape the world, to play, to sing, with intent and focus?
Oh, YES! This is beautiful. I love that you made Fingon consciously decide to bring a harp along. It adds so much power - and, in the light of the Ainulindale, makes perfect sense in-universe. Loved the conclusion as well.

I really like your answer to the question, the layers of reasoning, the musical texture of the phrasing, and also the concluding paragraph.

 

(In response to your earlier answer--have you found the box in your profile to tick to receive comment notifications? If that was the issue you were alluding to?)